Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Blind Side


"Oversized African American Michael Oher (Quinton Aaron), the teen from across the tracks and a broken home, has nowhere to sleep at age 16. Taken in by an affluent Memphis couple, Leigh Anne (Sandra Bullock) and Sean (Tim McGraw), Michael embarks on a remarkable rise to play for the NFL. Bullock's performance garnered a Best Actress Oscar and Best Actress Golden Globe Award. Kathy Bates co-stars"


I knew I wouldn't be thrilled about this movie, It was good, I enjoyed it but I didn't sob like everyone said I would and I wasnt inspired by it. Its a good story but it's not all that special to me. -- sure its a new story of a homeless kid being taken in by strangers and becoming so great he goes to the NFL but the kid that avoids the streets is a story thats already been done, the kid that gets taken in by strangers is a stroy thats already be done, the kid that rises up and makes it to the big leagues has already been done. plus you all know how I feel about sports, especially football -- borrringgg. its a good movie, its good acting, its just not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment