Friday, May 28, 2010

Post Grad


Ryden Malby (Alexis Bledel) always assumed it would be easy to find a job with a college diploma. But when nothing materializes after graduation, she's forced to move back in with her dysfunctional family and work full-time at maintaining her sanity. The only bright spot is her steady relationship with her best friend, Adam (Zach Gilford), but even that's starting to feel a little awkward. Carol Burnett, Michael Keaton and Jane Lynch co-star.
I was really scared to watch this movie because I saw in the previews that she was having a hard time finding a job and I thought omg this is gonna be my horror story but I watched it and it was a more a movie about what not to do, i even told my career development professor about it because thats exactly what it is. theres a scene where shes in an interview and shes all enthusiastic "i love the work your company is doing" "really? like what" ---blank stare. she was prepared and saying the right things -- but she didnt know the correct answers and i was really nice to know what not to do and see a little bit more reality in what happens after graduation and i'm already planning on moving home after i graduate (because my lease will be up and it would be silly to sign a new lease in seattle if i end up getting a job in say, portland, or olympia. so i'll move home till i get a job and then move to where i get a job, without the stress of "how am i going to pay my rent") its a really good movie though even if your not in the same shoes as I am, its really entertaining and cute and her best gy friend is SO cute and so is the neighboor boy. yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment