Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Grown Ups



"Comedy superstars Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider, David Spade and Kevin James team up for a story of five childhood pals who reunite after 30 years to mourn the loss of their old basketball coach. Gathering at a July 4th celebration where their families meet for the first time, the friends find themselves acting a bit inappropriate for their age. Director Dennis Dugan pairs with frequent collaborator Sandler, who co-wrote the screenplay." courtesy of netflix

I laughed throughout this movie, but it was nothing amazing or brillant, its a very common Adam Sandler movie, I thought. You enjoy watching it but then its kinda lame and cheap. Its also one of those movies they oversell in the previews by basically showing you all the funny parts in the preview and thats about it. I wouldn't actively watch it again by choice, but if it was on cable and I was flipping through channels I'd probably watch it. I'm actually not a big Adam Sandler fan, I think his humour is kind of cheap and immature.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just gotta go for the laughs and forget the rest. Saw this on a flight a couple months ago and cracked up sufficiently to annoy the people around me (I have a kinda loud, and apparently NOT infectious, laugh).

    Rob Schneider did his usual job of grossing me out, but the rest of them were pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I mean I laughed through it but its one of those movies after watching it you feel like you didnt like it, but i did think they oversold it in the previews, because all the relaly funny stuff they already showed and i already knew.

    and yeah i've never been a fan of rob schenider he's gross.

    ReplyDelete