Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where The Wild Things Are


"Max (Max Records) imagines running away from his mom and sailing to a far-off land where large talking beasts -- Ira, Carol, Douglas, the Bull, Judith and Alexander -- crown him as their king, play rumpus, build forts and discover secret hideaways. Producer Tom Hanks and director Spike Jonze bring Maurice Sendak's whimsical story to life; James Gandolfini, Catherine Keener, Forest Whitaker and Catherine O'Hara lend their talents." courtesy of netflix
This might be out of the realm for some of you, I only watched it because I remember reading the book when I was a little kid and loving it. I was SO disappointed in this movie, it was SO boring, it was depressing, it was so far off from this fabulous fantasy story. The only thing I liked about the movie was how they captured what the monsters looked like without it being a cartoon. I never walk out of a movie or turn a movie off, so I stay optimisitc thinking the movie is gonig to get better, and it never does. I guess its alot to expect from a 20 page picture-told story book.

No comments:

Post a Comment